- This event has passed.
Deadline for 2020 Convocation Prizes
March 20, 2020 @ 5:00 pm
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT FOR THE CLASS OF 2020
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE MARCH 20, 2020
Awards UGME need your nominations for the upcoming Class of 2020 Convocation Awards.
Below is a list of the eight (8) Convocation Awards that require your input:
- Dr. John M. Embil Award for Excellence in Clinical Infectious Diseases
- Fairgrieve McBane Convocation Prize in Medicine
- MMCF – Jack Hildes Memorial Convocation Prize
- Katherine Klassen Memorial Award
- Lukasz Czarnecki Award
- MMCF – Robin Krause Human Values Convocation Prize
- James Walker Wood, M.D. Convocation Prize in Family Medicine
- Doctors Manitoba Student Leadership Prize
Please note that some awards allow students to self-nominate, while others require a classmate, Faculty Member or Instructor to nominate a particular individual. The type of nomination accepted for each award is listed in red in the brackets after the award title.
Please read the award descriptions carefully.
IMPORTANT NOTE DEADLINE date for Classmate and Faculty Nominations for all Convocation Awards is the end of day (4:30pm) on Friday, March 13, 2020. If you are nominated by a classmate or faculty you will be given notice by March 16th, latest and will have until March 20th to accept the nomination and submit your application. Extensions will not be granted, applications for all of the 8 awards (including self-nomination awards) are due March 20, 2020.
You can submit your nomination either:
Electronically to AwardsUGME@umanitoba.ca Subject line: Convocation Award Nomination
In person/Drop-off marked:
Attention: Jen Parker, Program Coordinator
Awards UGME, Faculty of Health Sciences
260 Brodie Centre – 727 McDermot Avenue