Security Services at the University of Manitoba has recently announced that it is expanding its Safe Walk initiative to include a Safe Ride component. Safe Ride is a service provided to members of the University community as a safe, and free alternative to walking alone after dark. The Safe Ride program will operate daily (Monday-Friday) until 12:00am. For the Safe Ride, Security Services will pick up a student, faculty or staff member on campus and deliver that person to their vehicle within our Safe Ride boundaries.
Request a Safe Ride by Calling 204-474-9312
When you call, you will be asked for the following information by Security Services:
- Your first and last name
- Your pickup location
- Your destination (vehicle location)
- The number in your party
- The phone number you can be reached at
Rules of Use:
- Safe rides may be made for up to 3 people total at one time.
- Children, unless accompanied by a parent or guardian will not be permitted.
- Food is not permitted in the vehicle.
- Alcohol (opened or unopened) is not permitted in the vehicle.
- Safe ride drivers will drive only to the planned destination.
- Carry-on items must fit in the rider’s lap.
Safe Ride Service Boundaries:
- North to Logan Ave
- South to Sargent Ave
- West to Arlington Street
- East to Isabel Ave